Re: Europa-List: Mod 72 Debacle

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Mod 72 Debacle
From: Europa List <n914va@bvunet.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 15:31:03

Please wait for more responses before cutting them off. There must be a way
of getting them out without damaging the mounting frame. I have yet to
insert mine, but wondered if what you describe was a possibility. It seems
that cutting them half off would defeat the whole purpose of inserting them.
Wait for others to reply, but  if none do, I would put vice grips on the
insert and heat the frame with a hair dryer while trying to twist-tap them
out. If that were to fail, I would drill them with a somewhat smaller drill
than their OD. Either way, new inserts would have to be purchased. Someone
else must have had this problem. Wait to find out what they did.

Vaughn
N914VA, Stalled, but not in a spin.