RE: Europa-List: Mod 72 Debacle

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Mod 72 Debacle
From: Steve Hagar <hagargs@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 19:13:23

I was anticipating this when I started so I drilled and tapped  the inside
bores before I inserted them.  That way I could insert a threaded rod and
put a slide hammer on the sleeve and pull it out.  Everything worked fine
however.  I don't know what the wall thickness of the sleeves you have is
but I  made sure mine was thick enough to accept a good sized thread.  You
really don't want to have a bunch of stress built up inside your motor
mount tubes. You don't want to split them. When I put mine in they slipped
in about a  quarter of  the way and took about 5 wraps with a rubber mallet
to seat.

Steve Hagar
A143
Mesa AZ