Re: Europa-List: Fuel System - What should I add?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fuel System - What should I add?
From: Paul Stewart <europa@pstewart.f2s.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 18:55:34

A few thoughts.   The PFA will accept alternatives to the sight guage
- they require two independent methods of determining fuel quantity.
They have accepted our system based on the avalec capacitance gauge
(what ever you think of it) as one and the other is the ability to
dip the tank (as per 150's etc) via a 1/2"BSP hole in the Avalec
mounting plate. They made no comment about loosing the sight gauge.
Grahams tank fittings were developed from ours and again the PFA
(sorry LAA) are happy with our system. It is also aluminum fuel line
with SS braided teflon hose connecting to the engine itself. There
are some pics in the forum gallery.  I have the PFA application
somewhere if anyone in the UK needs the reference to help with their
own applications to LAA.

Regards

Paul