Re: Europa-List: Fuel System - What should I add?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fuel System - What should I add?
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 17:05:02

Phil, I would scrap the supplied filters and install an Andair
minigascolator under the luggage bay with a water drain in the bottom of it
with access thru a small flap beneath the plane. Also like Rich, strongly
recommend a fuel flow system if you can afford it. Only go for one with
Floscan transducer/s, such as JPI Fuel Scan 450. You then know precisely how
much fuel you have at any one time and can also accurately predict how far
you can travel at any one speed. If under LAA (ex PFA) jurisdiction you need
to keep the sight gauge in some form as a back up, but the rest you can
forget.
Regards, David Joyce, G-XSDJ