Europa-List: Re: Fuel System - What should I add?

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Fuel System - What should I add?
From: rampil <ira.rampil@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 17:03:21

Hi All,

I agree that the Europa-supplied tubing discolors to yellow
within months.  Still transparent though.  If you place the diagonal
bars behind the tubing, the change in index of refraction makes
finding the meniscus much easier.  I also have run a strip of LED tape
alongside the sight tube for twilight / night ops.

For the the first 2 years of flying, I had no flow restrictor at the base
of the sight gauge.  The contents of the gauge was always high and the
tubing started to craze after 2 years.  When I replaced the tubing,
I discovered why it always was high at least.  I discovered that the
upholsterer that FlightCrafter has found for me had stuffed the section of
tubing from the top of the sight gauge to the vent line so tightly at the
back of the cockpit module that it was irretrievably crimped AND stuck
so I could not dislodge it.  I had to route a new vent return line and when
I replaced the cruddy sight tubing, I added the restricter.  I can't really
say that the accuracy is much improved over the following year.

--------
Ira N224XS

Read this topic online here: