Re: Europa-List: GPS antennae siting

Subject: Re: Europa-List: GPS antennae siting
From: Duncan & Ami McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 21:28:18

<<Sorry but too poor to afford a XRX at present.>>
Ian, Thanks.
It only has to prevent one midair to prevent your relatives and dependents
being poorer still! And in reducing the value of the Europa to scrap.

There was a 'statistic' mentioned on the Flyer forum recently that less than
half the UK GA fleet has a transponder fitted (less still turned on and
working!); and that was EXcluding microlights etc. So the potential
effectiveness of the system is in that case somewhat limited, in addition to
the danger of the false sense of security that the device may engender.
Still, I wouldn't mind having one and could justify it more than the cost of
some other toy, eg a VP prop.

Regards,
Duncan.