Re: Europa-List: Gascolator location

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Gascolator location
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 11:55:58

Craig, Mine (in a mono, but I think it would be just as satisfactory in a
trigear) is attached to the medial R plywood support of the baggage bay. It
has a drain tap at its bottom which is easily accessed through a small flap
on the fuselage bottom, for day to day checking for water. My fuel pumps and
a fuel pressure sensor are mounted on the adjacent outer plywood support
which is convenient. Access for maintenance or taking out the filter screen
for cleaning is through the starboard baggage bay access flap. The system
has worked well for me over 5 1/2 yrs and I would choose it if building
again. As a point of general principle I feel it is sound practice to have
as little as possible of the fuel system located firewell forward
Regards, David Joyce, G-XSDJ