RE: Europa-List: Gascolator location

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Gascolator location
From: Robert C Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007 22:32:36
Hi! Karl
May I suggest that being next to nose gear suspension it will likely be
quite a hot place with all the heated air departing the cowling there.
Mine are mounted on the intermediate removable bulkhead  which is much
further aft and indeed I have another bulkhead forward just behind the
nose wheel suspension springs which make them still more protected from
heat.
In fact G-PTAG was built as a convertible so having cut out the Mono
wheel belly I now use it as a belly plate and all the pumps and non
return valves are mounted on it with the aft 1/3rd hinged to allow it to
open with only 4 screws.  At the aft end of this belly plate there is a
small door with the clip latch above which there is the water check
valves in the bottom of the gascolators.
Never had vapour problems even with the Jabiru 6 and it was all air
cooled.
Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG