Re: Europa-List: removal of nylon outrigger legs

Subject: Re: Europa-List: removal of nylon outrigger legs
From: Niels Kock <nielskock@get2net.dk>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 20:46:48
Remi.
I encountered the same problem in a similar situation. Your intellect will
not serve you well
here, you have to resort to brute force:

Put a bolt fitting the axle holes of the fork through the 2 holes. The bolt
 must be long enough to extend
at least 3-4 centimeters either side of the wheel fork.
Then strike the bolt with many small strikes parallel to the leg, on altern
ate sides of the fork,
 and you will see the fork moving gradually off the leg. At least I did.

Now, I have a problem:
I've just put on a new mono-tyre, McReady Air-trac 8.00 x 6. pumped  to 15
psi.
It turns out that the tyre is in contact with the sides of the wheel leg, e
mitting sgueals during taxy like a couple
of fighting piglets.
It is not only the pensive looks from stewardesses and other impression-wor
thy groups connected to
aviation that bothers me, when I pass them by, squealing insanely, it is al
so the palpable temperature of the
sides of the tyre after taxying to the hangar.
Imagine the loss of face and money, if the squealing progress comes to an a
brupt halt with an almighty
 thunderclap from a burst inner tube in front of an awe-struck crowd!

Apart from parting with another 100 =A3 buying a 7.00 x 6 tyre, is there any
possibility of splaying the UC-leg
about one mm each side=3F I already have untightened the central bolt through
 the hub a couple of threads.
To no avail.
Any suggestions=3F

Niels Kock