Re: Europa-List: removal of nylon outrigger legs

Subject: Re: Europa-List: removal of nylon outrigger legs
From: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 19:18:06
14 Hantone Hill
Hi Remi,

I had exactly similar problem and solved it as follows:

I made a vertical cut by Dremel to the back side of the fairing.
After it was possible to stretch it enough to slide in over the fork.
Before painting I sealed the cutting by Sika mass
and added a small alumimium clip by two pop-rivet for extra strenght.

Very easy, fast and straightforward - so far no penalties att all.
If necessary it is also easy to remove now.

Be carefull - fairing material is quite brittle.

Hope this helps, Raimo

Raimo M W Toivio

OH-XRT Europa XS Mono #417, The Experimental of The Year
OH-CVK C172 Skyhawk, totally restored 2006-2007
OH-BLL Beechcraft C45, w radial engines (grounded)

37500  Lempaala
Finland
tel + 358 3 3753 777
fax + 358 3 3753 100