Europa-List: FW: More help required.....Vac gauge problem

Subject: Europa-List: FW: More help required.....Vac gauge problem
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 20:01:30
Hi! Guys
The only assistance I received on my call for help was Graham Singleton
with a message about neutrons! I have no intention of changing my system
so it's a vacuum system and it will stay since I don't believe in buying
gear for the sake of getting rid of working gear.

Perhaps I may have a response to the following :-

 The Rapco vacuum diagram on the Internet shows a typical pipe circuit,
I have replicated it on my pipe layout. The diagram shows the gauge to
have a port with a tiny letter "P" and the other port with a letter "V".
Unfortunately my gauge whilst it is similar just doesn't have the ident.
letters stamped on it.
One of the ports operates the gauge when you suck the pipe, the other
seems to be unable to pass air either way by mouth. If I could identify
which port is which I may be able to sort out my problem?
Does anyone know just what the "dead" port does?
It always worked with the Jabiru so I'm baffled.
Then on top of this my regulator has only one connection IN and one
connection OUT. I have overcome that by "T" connecting the air exit
ports of DI and AH together for onwards to the regulator and then vac
pump. The filter delivers to two pipes for incoming air to the DI and AH
connections which are marked.
Can I presume that when the word "VAC" is on an instrument port it needs
to be headed to the pump via the regulator?
No matter how the gauge is connected the gyro's run whilst the engine
runs.
Thanks useful suggestions in anticipation.

Robt.C.Harrison  G-PTAG