Re: Europa-List: Longer Pip Pins

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Longer Pip Pins
From: Carl Pattinson <carl@flyers.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 22:33:09

Richard

That explains things and I can see why you wouldnt want to remove any layers
of bid fron the upper recess. The standard design dosent seem to have much
contact area at the base

Is there any reason why one couldnt cut away a small amount of the bottom
bid layups using the tip of a twist drill - just enough to allow the pip to
open. I cant see this compromising the strength of the bottom layups.

My pip pin holes are non standard being circular 4cm in diameter and
consequently the base has a much greater area in contact with TP6.  This has
turned out to be an unintentional advantage over the standard design - and
comply with the minimum dimensions in PFA FSB 006.

Carl
G-LABS