Re: Europa-List: Tailplane flutter

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Tailplane flutter
From: Duncan & Ami McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 11:14:21
Hi all, Remi,
I'm not sure about that.
I had to replace my outer TP pins at 15 hours.
300++ hours later they are still OK, despite operating mostly from grass
strips.

In my opinion, the pins are very accurately made. But the holes in the
TP tubes are not. My new pins were set-up so that they had to be driven
in; I suspect this makes the difference. The PFA requirement is now for
an "interference" fit.

Duncan McF.