RE: Europa-List: Tailplane flutter

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Tailplane flutter
From: G-IANI <giani@ntlworld.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 11:13:51
William

The idea of the bolt option is that it does two things.  a) It clamps
the two parts together. b) to ensure the tubes stay round a cross
drilled spacer is fitted inside the TP4 tube.  This is Loctited in.  So
you have both clamping and a glue joint but retain the ability to
dismantle.

This is not PFA approved at present but has been discussed with Andy
Draper in 2005.

Francis Donaldson asked me on Friday to pool any ideas we have on
eliminating slop in this area.  He wants to address this as part of any
solution to the present problems.  I will have a document ready for him,
by tonight, summarising all the options (existing pins, big pins, taper
pins, Bobs blocks and bolts).  If anyone can think of anything else I
will be glad to hear from them.

If the PFA decides that bolts is the way to go, then we will have it
documented and approved very quickly.

Ian Rickard  #505 G-IANI XS Trigear
Europa Club Mods Rep (Trigear)
e-mail mods@europaclub.org.uk