RE: Europa-List: RE: EUROPA PIP-PIN RECESS

Subject: RE: Europa-List: RE: EUROPA PIP-PIN RECESS
From: nigel charles <nwcmc@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 06:50:44

According to my inspector the other reason for the shape of the recess
is to ensure the tailplane can not migrate sideways at all in the event
of the outer tube becoming disbanded. It is important that the head of
the pip pin is obstructed by the sidewall of the recess before the
locating pins could become free in the root of the tailplane. He
inspected my aircraft before this change to the bulletin and as mine
also has circular recesses he suggested that the inboard side be filled
up to ensure this would be achieved. Obviously this is now out of date
and my aircraft is grounded like many others.

Nigel Charles