Re: Europa-List: builder test flying his own creation?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: builder test flying his own creation?
From: Graham Singleton <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 22:16:34

Niels
Certainly I recommend that pilots need to be checked out on a Europa at
least once. My other point is that for first flight, because the
airplane may not be exactly typical of Europas, a pilot current on type
will spot any serious differences straight away, whereas if the test
pilot has no Europa experience he may not notice it isn't right.
An inspection will not reveal subtle differences in flight
characteristics, which could be due to small variations in airfoil profile.
Graham