Re: Europa-List: Re: Woodcomp propeller controls

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Woodcomp propeller controls
From: Karl Heindl <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 02:03:22

Bill,

I have the SR3000/2W 2-blade with narrow ends and wide root with a lot of
twist. It is now running very smoothly, although I had a lot of problems
initially with vibration, which was due to carbs not well balanced. A
3-blade seems to cancel out a lot of uneven combustion. The instrumentation
was hopeless and I am now installing the Mark Burton controller.
Advantages are: less weight, cheaper, better visibility when feathered for
gliding, less drag, and it comes to you fully assembled ready to bolt on.
There are supposed to be other advantages like high altitude performance,
but have not done any serious testing yet.
Apparently Kim Prout has the best performing prop ? With a weight of 13 1/2
pounds that is half the weight of most cs props.
If you are building a mono, then my prop would be too long for you,

Karl