Re: Europa-List: Outrigger legs

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Outrigger legs
From: William Mills <william@wrmills.plus.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 10:11:15

If you are unluckily enough to ground loop in a strong cross wind, it is
very likely you will grind away the forward face of the fairing.  I have
repaired my port fairing twice now!
I think you should be able to achieve both wheels touching with the standard
legs and as mentioned previously, it is not necessary to have full
penetration (if you will pardon the expression!) of the nylon rod into the
sockets.
My first pair of standard legs lasted for 1100 hours, but eventually took up
a permanent set into a curve, that reduced their effective length, so I have
just replaced them and it has made handling on take-off and landing more
positive.
Regards,
William