RE: Europa-List: Outrigger legs

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Outrigger legs
From: glenn crowder <gcrowder2@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 15:41:13

 My outrigger legs seem to go all the way into the OR1 forks.  If you're no
t careful
taxiing on narrow paved taxiways and get an outrigger off the pavement, the
 outrigger
will bend considerably as it steps back onto the pavement and can scrape th
e OR1
fairing, no big deal tho.  I sure wouldn't want aluminum fork legs!

                                            Glenn> Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 1
online.com> To: europa-list@matronics.com> > --> Europa-List message posted
 by: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>> > Andrew,> > I too was surprised
at what you've determined...particularly if the rod > is subject to the 90
degree bending which Graham describes.> > If (presumably momentary) bending
 is to the 90 degree extreme, I can't > help but wonder if the forward port
ion of the speed kit fairing doesn't > get ground away...(?...Does this in
fact occur?)> > Since mono-flyers have advised to NOT make the final drilli
ng of the > rods until the plane is sitting on the gear w/ full weight in o
rder to > assure that the outrigger wheels can both touch the pavement at t
he > same time for optimal ground handling, I will probably be ordering > l
onger lengths of rod in order to effect full bearing within the wheel > for
k...although I have no idea whether mono-flyers routinely have done > so.>
> Any comments from currently flying mono-guys?> > Fred> > On Thursday, May
 17, 2007, at 10:49 AM, Andrew Sarangan wrote:> > > --> Europa-List message
 posted by: Andrew Sarangan > > <asarangan@yahoo.com>> >> > Just curious wh
y the full depth available in OR1 and the wheel fork are> > not utilized by
Create the ultimate e-mail address book. Import your contacts to Windows Li
ve Hotmail.
www.windowslive-hotmail.com/learnmore/managemail2.html?locale=en-us&ocid
=TXT_TAGLM_HMWL_reten_impcont_0507