RE: Europa-List: Anyone install battery aft of baggage bay bulkhead?

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Anyone install battery aft of baggage bay bulkhead?
From: Karl Heindl <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 20:40:57

I did just that recently in order to shift the cg because of the new cs
prop, which is adding 4.2kg to the front end.
It is an Odyssey 680, with #6 gaugewiring, although #4 is recommended.
Starting is much better than before, and I don't even have the new starter
yet. It is a compact battery (see catalog), and weighs exactly 15 pounds
plus whatever tray you make up for it. The wire run is relatively short:
straight from the stbd firewall, under the door sill, and through the
bulkhead. I made a platform out of fiberglass and plywood, and a criss/cross
aluminum bracket to hold the battery in place. There is also a purpose
madebracket available from ACS. Sorry, no pictures. It is mounted (using
Redux) on the floor next to the rudder cable and is easy to reach.

Karl