RE: Europa-List: Anyone install battery aft of baggage bay bulkhead?

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Anyone install battery aft of baggage bay bulkhead?
From: nigel charles <nwcmc@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 17:37:59

It is too easy to get carried away adding weight to the aircraft. This
was especially a problem when the MTOW was only 1300lb. Just how
important it is depends a lot on pilot and passenger weights. If you can
carry at least 50lb baggage and full fuel with 2 people on board and
stay within MTOW the use of the Europa as a cruising has not been
compromised.

When it comes to allowing for weight of fuel be aware that many of the
fuel tanks expand with age. My tank started off with a 69 litre
capacity. It now holds 76 litres. This is good for range (about another
25 minutes flying) but it does add about another 5lb to the fuel weight.

Regards

Nigel Charles