Europa-List: Anyone install battery aft of baggage bay bulkhead?

Subject: Europa-List: Anyone install battery aft of baggage bay bulkhead?
From: rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 18:56:47

Anyone install battery aft of baggage bay bulkhead? Do you find access
through D panel a real pain? What battery, what size wire did you run, was
starter performance acceptable?

Any pictures?

Any opinion if I should make choice to mount battery there now or wait
till build is complete?

I suspect my XS Monowheel will tend to be on the nose heavy side.

914
HD Starter
Intercooler
Oil Thermostat
Exhaust wrapped
CS Airmaster
Cooling air baffle
B+C ND Alternator
Full interior
Panel that is pretty full
Structural up stop, 3/4" marine ply and glassed to tunnel (both sides)
aluminium just forward of tyre
Probably inflight adjustable cowl flaps and landing light in cowl

First fly with short wings, then will build glider wings (more nose heavy)

Tail heavy stuff
Have extended range fuel tank that will be used intermittent
2 Andair 375 Gasculators aft of Baggage bay ribs in a box and cover/latch
Tank water drains just aft of box
Series pumps with bypass valves
Mod 70 which is heavier, also 2 turnbuckles, cables and butterfly
Rudder cable turnbuckles
Repaired stabilators (inner and outer bushings) stuck from bottom, (extra
glass and flox)
Stabilator drive bushing repair (redux/flox/washer)
T-Bar guide, balsa and 2 BID
Glassed foam support to maintain width dimension above mass balance arm
2nd antenna and wiring
ELT
Kunzleman strobe box and LED position/Strobe on wingtips
Roll servo and associated
TE Probe and associated on rudder