Re: Europa-List: Skydrive on/off control

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Skydrive on/off control
From: Rman <topglock@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 23:03:36

Jeff,

You and I seem to have similar situations, though under slightly
different circumstances.  I used to smell fuel, on occasion, when the
engine was still breaking in.  CHT was running at 275 and I could really
tell the engine was warmish.  Also noticed fuel stains under the air
box, where the drains were.  Starboard carb seemed to be getting the
bulk of the heat from the exhaust, so I fabricated a small stainless
shield that I bolted up to the head, just over the exhaust pipe.  That
solved the heat problem for the carb.  Once the engine was broken in
(approximately 100 hours) the CHT  stabilized at around 220.  Oddly
enough, the fuel smell went away, too.  I do not have the skydrive units
on Baby Blue...

Jeff - Baby Blue
210 hours - Guess I'm waiting for the regulator to go, now... ;)