Re: Europa-List: Skydrive on/off control

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Skydrive on/off control
From: Karl Heindl <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 20:46:12

Jeff,

Maybe it's just me, but it is supposed to be a known  problem. I definitely
had trouble starting a hot engine, and the fuel is boiling or very hot.
Another heat source I would like to address is the exhaust pipes right
underneath the carburators. Maybe Graham S. can make a heatshield kit out of
that firewall material of his ?
I haven't seen the current Skydrive kit, maybe they made the collar smaller
? I will be much happier with a valve, as I still have the option to leave
it on during the colder seasons.
I didn't just install the carb heater, I have been using it for 5 years now.

Karl