Re: Europa-List: Wing drop in the stall

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Wing drop in the stall
From: NevEyre@aol.com
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 18:32:56

In a message dated 29/07/2006 09:35:07 GMT Standard Time, BEBERRY@aol.com
writes:

I have never known a severe - or even comparatively slight wing drop in  the
stall, power on or off, in GA aircraft  so the apparent Europa  problem is
worrying and needs some more in depth investigation.

Patrick

Hi Patrick,
There is no problem with the DESIGN of the Europa, but each individual
aircraft needs to be test flown, and individually set up with regard to any
stall

strip fitment / adjustment.
For your information / peace of mind, I was involved with the test flights
of the Europa you have purchased, and although it may look like a piece of
s**t,  it is very light, and true, and the stall [ or rather , lack of,] is one
of
the  most benign I have experienced. Power on stalls just do not happen,
unless you  are totally asleep, at full throttle, [ 100 percent ] stick fully
back, it  just ''nods'' and maintains height. I have flown a full circuit at
Wombleton [ at 3000 ' ] at full power / stick full aft, keep the ball in  the
middle and your eye on the temps...... you could do that all day........  power

off was equally a non event, nose falls through 20 degrees /  lose 50  feet.
Enjoy.......
Cheers,
Nev.