Re: Europa-List: Wing drop in the stall

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Wing drop in the stall
From: BEBERRY@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 17:00:44

mikenjulie.parkin@btopenworld.com writes:

Incidentally, a wing drop at the stall is a common feature in  many
aircraft, GA or homebuilt.  As Carl pointed out, adjusting the flaps is  often
solution.  I have seen this done on a couple of Cessnas.   The correct fitting
of
stall strips to the Europa is the recommended procedure  for taming an
'interesting' stall characteristic.  Stall strips are  common to many aircraft

including twins, twin jets as well.

Mike - thanks for your comments - when I talked about wing drop at the  stall
I was referring to the dramatic results experienced by some correspondents
e.g. violent drop and even inversion.  I have relatively little Europa
experience and have not attempted deliberate stalling but have done so with
other

types and wing drop has been nil or very gentle.

I shall be looking again at stall strips.

Patrick