Re: Europa-List: Drag Reduction

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Drag Reduction
From: BEBERRY@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 11:39:13

I am inclined to think that the wheel leg fairings on the TG are  really only
cosmetic in value - however this is considerable and does away  to a large
extent with the rather 'spindly' appearance. - which has been  adversely
commented on by friends with other earoplanes.

Mind you Europa is not unique in having this feature which looks  inelegant
and incapable of supporting the imposed dynamic forces on  landing in
particular.

Anyway, I have gone ahead and virtually completed my speed kit fit  with the
supplied, very poor quality and badly finished pieces. Lots of  filling,
sanding and painting now needed.

Patrick