Re: Europa-List: Throttle Cables.

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Throttle Cables.
From: BEBERRY@AOL.COM
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 12:19:43

I cut the cables to the throttle and chock on advice from  Florida. On both
my plane and on Bob's ,  I roughed the cables  smoothly left and right with the

best possible smoothest bends to the  carbs. Then disassembled the cable so I
could cut the outside shield  without nicking the center wire. (the end
fitting un screw). It seemed to  make sense to have as little cable as possible
have the least  friction................

Thanks Cliff - another good idea and what you have to say bears out  much of
what I have learned from other people.  I thought I must have  done something
stupid when I fitted new cables but many have replied who  have had the same
problem , so I am feeling better.!

Glad I joined this forum - lots of nice helpful people out  there.

Patrick