Europa-List: Throttle Cables.

Subject: Europa-List: Throttle Cables.
From: BEBERRY@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 17:31:19

Having just fitted two new (massively expensive) throttle cables to  cure the
apparent problem of 'stiction', I find that nothing has changed,

Despite being meticulously careful in the fitting (no kinks etc) and
following the build manual instructions, I cannot find a way to get the
throttle

cables to operate properly i.e. the throttle will not open when  the lever is
moved forward as the throttle lever spring does not overcome  the friction
between inner and outer.

Any suggestions for a solution (stronger springs, oil??) would be  welcomed.

Patrick