RE: Europa-List: Throttle Cables.

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Throttle Cables.
From: Jack Heijboer <j.heijboer@vmij.nl>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 13:02:49

Patrick,
I am working out of my head now, the system stays original i.e. same throttle
connection
and carb connection. No pulley wheels, all stays the same ,even the
route from the throttle position through the firewall to the carbs.Pull out the
original cable and replace it by the solid wire.
Cable supplier will crimp for you the cable eye to the wire at the throttle
side.
I also use a solid wire for the chokes, you then can be sure the choke is
pressed
shut when its not required. The wire has the same diameter is very flexible,
runs smoothly in the sheath but difficult to make very sharp bends, and
that seems to work great in my machine. I have now flown 150 hours.
Success Jack