Re: Europa-List: 914 Stuck Wastegate

Subject: Re: Europa-List: 914 Stuck Wastegate
From: ivor.phillips <ivor.phillips@ntlworld.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 11:03:51

Patrick

It would appear to be plain automotive carb cleaner, The one i use is STP
and works really well, Easily obtained at most car accessory shops

B-12 CHEMTOOL CARBURETOR AND CHOKE
CLEANER / PROFESSIONAL AEROSOL
Quickly dissolves gum and varnish from carburetor, PCV valve, automatic
choke,
carburetor linkage, and distributor shaft with High Energy Solvent
Technology (H.E.S.T.).  Improves driveability by removing deposits that
cause rough idle and stalling.
Part #0120 NET WT. 20 oz. Aerosol PROFESSIONAL
Part #0120C NET WT. 20 oz. Aerosol PROFESSIONAL (CA VOC COMPLIANT)

> Thanks for the info on solvent for wastegate.  Do you know what  this
> Berryman Chem tool is.and what it is made from - oil based, spirit?  what
> does it
> smell of??  I am trying to find a u.k. eqivalent.

regards
Ivor Phillips