Re: Europa-List: 914 Stuck Wastegate

Subject: Re: Europa-List: 914 Stuck Wastegate
From: BEBERRY@aol.com
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 07:20:09

Ivor - sounds great stuff although I have never had to resort to any  such
product on my car.  I will have a look around our local car  accessories store

next time I am in town.

Since my original query about the orange flashing light appearing  some
seconds after switching on the battery master, it has ceased to do so  after I

manually moved the wastegate to and fro on its spring, which  would seem to
suggest that a bit of lubrication is all that is  needed.  Maybe the stuff we
call

Redex, if still available, is  o.k.  It used to be recommended for sticking
valves etc.  Spray  it in through the carb intake while the engine was running

was one  idea.  Used to make lots of white exhaust smoke.!

Thanks,   Patrick