Re: Europa-List: 914 Stuck Wastegate

Subject: Re: Europa-List: 914 Stuck Wastegate
From: Jerry Rehn <rehn@rockisland.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 17:16:14

Gary
When you switch on the power to the turbo the red and yellow lights should
illuminate momentarily if all is well. Did your lights do this? Also did
your red over boost light come on when your pressure exceeded normal
pressure? Just wondering if the lights are working properly. I know when I
power up my turbo it cycles the waste gate as part of the test.So maybe we
ought to add "whack the turbo" to our regular maintenance checks:)
Jerry