Re: Europa-List: Fwf Prices

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fwf Prices
From: Bryan Allsop <bryan@blackballclub.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 23:03:14

Hello. Hello!

Back here in Blighty I know several people who power their Europas with
912S's. None of them report the problems which have been experienced by you
Terry.

We don't fly so high, and generally we don't fly at 139kts (approx), but we
do have short grass strips and a max weight requirement of 1370 pounds. This
engine is ideal for the Europa in the UK. It weighs less than the 912, and
far less than the 914, leaving plenty of spare payload for luggage. The
common concern with XS/912S combination is that it runs too cool, so that
blanking is often required.

Since most of the engine problem correspondence has involved the more
complex 914, I have always assumed that the silent majority were satisfied
912/912S types. Perhaps I was wrong.

I have reluctantly join this thread of debate, and will now happily rejoin
those silent ranks 'till the subject finally expires into the ether.

Ta Ta. Bryan.