Re: Europa-List: Fwf Prices

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fwf Prices
From: Kingsley Hurst <hurstkr@growzone.com.au>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 22:28:57

> At 13,000 ft with full throttle, my 912S fuel flow is 14 litres per hour,
> whereas on take-off at full throttle it burns 28 litres per hour.  I
> assume
> that proves there is an automatic leaning of the carbs.

Hello William,

With much respect I am wondering if it really does ?  At 13,000 ft your MAP
at full throttle is considerably less than at sea level with full throttle.
I suspect if you fly at sea level with the same MAP as you are achieving at
13,000 ft, your fuel flow will still be in the order of 14 LPH or most
likely even less.
If in fact you do have a MAP gauge, I would interested to hear the result of
such a test.

Regards
Kingsley in Oz.