Re: Europa-List: Transponder antenna

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Transponder antenna
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 16:24:38

Paul, I seem to remember that my Bob Archer cost relatively little - in fact
virtually nothing in the big scheme of things. It sits in the rear fuselage
in midline on the tail counterweight guide at floor level. In this position
it is looking ahead pretty much below the level of the engine and related
solid objects and has given totally reliable results for last 3 yrs,
including  test flying a circle at 2000ft , 25 miles out to check continuous
radar visibility. Although it is radiating in the loose sense, it's not the
radioactive substance type which certainly fries gonads, but just the same
sort of radio wave radiation that emerges from the mobile phones that most
of the population keep glued to their ear for most of the day!
     Regards, David Joyce, G-XSDJ----- Original Message -----