Europa-List: Two points

Subject: Europa-List: Two points
From: R Holder <rholder@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 15:17:29

Firstly with 912S and Airmaster there is no need for a MAP
gauge which reads above the ambient pressure. How can the
pressure anywhere in the engine get above that ? As STP is
around 30 inches a MAP gauge reading up to 35 is fine.

WIth a turbo-charger (914) then the pressure in the
manifold CAN exceed ambient and so for a 914 a 50 inch MAP
gauge is provided.

Secondly. Has anyone fitted an oil-stat in the oil lines
to the oil cooler ? Mine is always running cold, even with
various baffles/blanking plates around the radiator. An
oil stat might help. I had one on my rally car years ago.

And if you have what is it and where did you get it ?
There is nothing in the ACS catalogue that I have found
after a brief search !

TIA

Riichard Holder
G-OWWW 912S AIrmaster High Cross