Re: Europa-List: Transponder antenna

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Transponder antenna
From: Duncan McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 21:25:17

That's pretty-much where I put my Tx aerial too (i.e. mounted externally on
the belly). Although one could argue that the water radiator blocks its
forward "vision", this doesn't seem to be a problem.

However, on one occasion the received signal was "dropping out" in a
direction at right angles to the a/c longitudinal axis. This might have been
due to the presence of the CF legs of the fixed TD undercarriage. This would
be comparable to the tri gear steel legs. So, the aerial location may not be
fool-proof for this type of undercarriage.

Duncan McF.