Re: Europa-List: Transponder Antenna

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Transponder Antenna
From: MICHAEL PARKIN <mikenjulie.parkin@btopenworld.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 20:42:06

Perhaps your problems were not down to the antenna position.  I have a
simple 'lollipop style' antenna built into a fibre glass moulding, with
ground plane.  It sits on the left side of the fuselage floor, just aft of
the baggage bay.  The transponder is a UPs/Apollo SL 70 and it has worked
well right from the start without any apparent blanking problems at all.

regards,

MP