Re: Europa-List: Baltics / Colditz Trip. Late June

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Baltics / Colditz Trip. Late June
From: Duncan McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 21:24:54

<> PS. apart from the trips published already, are there any other plans
being made for Europa club trips?>>

The better of the Devon Strut fly-ins
http://www.devonstrut.co.uk/pages/events.htm
are Bolt Head 5 June, Branscombe 28 June and Roserrow 28 August.
All can be combined with camping or hotel accommodation, cliff-top walks,
etc.

Bolt Head affords a walk (or bus) in to Salcombe, water taxi to White Sands
and walk (through Nat Trust tropical gardens back to the airfield. Also has
one of hte best youth hostels in the UK.
Branscombe has an airshow, cream teas and much more if a bus is taken to one
of the local villages (but no buses on Sunday).

The Halwell event puts Dartmouth within striking distance (buses on Sunday
too). Or you can stand around on the airfield and talk 'shop'.

The events are only marred by the absence of Europas; such a waste!

Duncan McF.