Re: Europa-List: Firewall choice and Rotax Engine order options

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Firewall choice and Rotax Engine order options
From: Fred R. Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 11:07:13

Hi Fred F.,

In comment to my post, you write:

> What record?  If you're referring to anecdotal reports on small email
> lists, then you can't, IMO, compare that to the fact there apparently
> are no such anecdotal reports from a much smaller user base of a given
> nonaircraft engine.

Well...shoot me! :)

My use of the word "record" was just to the postings on our little Europa
forum...postings of particular interest as they reflect the Europa/Rotax
combination, rather than the Rotax itself and whatever quirks it may pick up
in combo w/ other aircraft.

It was not my intention to make any comparison with nonaircraft engines
(particularly those with, thus far, only prototypical histories), or
Lycomings for that matter...I actually thought I was simply stating a fact
about which there would be no disagreement. I'll be much more careful w/ my
words in the future.

And...for the record...ever since I tapped into the Europa list, I've read
your postings w/ great interest and appreciation for your obvious broad and
deep technical knowledge and experience...thanks for being willing to share
it on this forum!

Fred K.