Europa-List: Fuel Vents

Subject: Europa-List: Fuel Vents
From: Paddy Clarke <paddyclarke@lineone.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 10:01:35

Hi All,
                Happy New Year!
                I know a number of people have taken  the fuel vent tube from
the

tank, up to a tee into the top of the filler neck, and then to a vent
low down on the fuselage side.
                This seems to me to be a good plan, and I was thinking of
following

suit. However, when I was cleaning the mud off the fus underside, it
occurred to me there might be a problem with mud and/or water being
thrown up into the vent, causing it all to go quiet.
                Any comments?
                It also seems to be a good idea to increase the dia. of the vent
tube
in the top of the tank to 3/8" and keep that dia. up to the tee in the
filler neck, to make refueling a bit quicker. Can anyone see any
problems with this?
Many thanks,
Paddy Clarke

Europa XS - 404 G-KIMM