Europa-List: Fuel Vents

Subject: Europa-List: Fuel Vents
From: Erich Trombley <erichdtrombley@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 06:32:45

Paddy,

I have done as you suggested with 3/8" dia aluminum tubing to the bottom of the
fuselage transitioning to stainless steel, exiting adjacent to the flap bracket.
In addition to drilling a small hole in the back of the ss vent per the manual,
I have installed a small vapor check valve (from McMaster Carr) with a
tee to the vent line such that in the event of complete blockage of the vent the
check valve will open to relieve the vacuum that would otherwise be created.

Regards,

Erich Trombley
N28ET Classic Mono-914

Now includes pop-up blocker!