Europa-List: It's not easy when you're stupid

Subject: Europa-List: It's not easy when you're stupid
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 11:29:45

Cheers,
        Clear as my mind can be (at times) it has recently rebelled over a
simple paradox involving vents. I plan a bellyside outlet for the
suction-block bottle in the fuel vent department.
        I note also the remarks of several regarding mud and crud along the
belly due to various manoeuvres, planned and otherwise, during landing and
takeoff. As a monowheel manipulator, I cannot get the shape of the (say)
1/4inch [6mm] diameter vent sitting out in the slipstream whether the tip
should be hacked off at 90deg (hipress?), or scarfed at 45deg (top or botm?)
or tapered horizontally or whatever.
        Having had trouble explaining oak leaves and mud on the bottom of
several Harvards in earlier days, I can't seem to correlate the vision with
a mudfree vent for my Europa. Your considered opinions, severally and
separately, would hopefully disarm this quandary. Secondarily of course it
may prompt a vicious and viral debate which could destroy the site for
weeks.
Shamelessly,
Ferg
A064