Re: Europa-List: It's not easy when you're stupid

Subject: Re: Europa-List: It's not easy when you're stupid
From: MICHAEL PARKIN <mikenjulie.parkin@btopenworld.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 17:24:54

I only fitted one vent on top of the fuselage as detailed in the build
manual.  One vent was not required as I discarded the fuel sight tube when I
fitted the capacitance fuel gauging system.  In practice I have found the
vent, close to the filler, very useful during refuel.  The hissing of
displaced air and the bubbling gives a very good indication on approaching a
full tank.  Saves unnecessary overflow,  which invariably runs down the
fuselage side and into the flap slot, causing a bad fuel smell until it has
all evaporated.

regards,

Mike Parkin  (G-JULZ)