RE: Europa-List: Gear retraction problem

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Gear retraction problem
From: nigel charles <nigelcharles@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 10:55:40

>The brake caliper is not my only gear retraction problem. The tyre is
hitting
the main brake cylinder, so I'll have to move that out of the way. The
alternatives are upwards (another bulge on top of the tunnel) or
outboard (where it
will restrict seat width). I believe some other builders have had
similar
problems. Any views on which is the best solution?<

Using a different tyre will help. The combination of a slightly narrower
tyre with a stronger sidewall improves clearance from the csliper. The
standard tyre is a golf buggy tyre but the alternative (the name of
which escapes me)is a proper aviation tyre which will take much more

Nigel Charles