RE: Europa-List: wires to the control stick

Subject: RE: Europa-List: wires to the control stick
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 10:40:42

Hi! Kevin
Yes, but remember seven things:-
1) drill at a suitable angle to help you run the wires.
2) drill at a point with little movement (near the pivot)
3) drill at a point still in the greater cross-sectional thickness.
4) drill below the inserted top tube of the stick
5) keep the hole as small as possible.
6) use heat shrink to sheath the wires from chafing.
7) ensure you route the wires suitably first time.

Stick top controls of flaps (for trike) and trim leave one hand free for
other duties. But you really need to make a flip over cover to stop the
weight of charts changing your settings in flight or awaiting departure
!
I recall there is a picture on the web page for my a/c
http://www.crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk/europa.htm
Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG Europa MKI/Jabiru 3300