Re: Europa-List: Gear retraction problem

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Gear retraction problem
From: JohnDHeykoop@aol.com
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 12:31:22

paul.mcallister@qia.net writes:

> I put a bulge in my tunnel to clear the brake caliper.

Paul, thanks for that suggestion. I'll be doing the same if I can't get a
brake torque plate that enables me to turn the caliper by 90 degrees.

> As far as the tire hitting the top, I think someone posted a modification
> on
> http://forum.okhuijsen.org/ that described a stop to prevent this from
> happening.

Sorry Paul, I should have made it clear that my problem is different. The
tyre hits the brake master cylinder just before I have full gear retraction. My

only option is therefore to move the brake master cylinder upwards or outboard.

Why I should be having this problem is a bit of a mystery. Andy thinks that
possibly the swinging arm may be slightly out of alignment with the centre
line.

John Heykoop
XS Monowheel kit 536 G-JHKP