Re: Europa-List: Gear retraction problem

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Gear retraction problem
From: Paul McAllister <paul.mcallister@qia.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 09:22:07

John,

I put a bulge in my tunnel to clear the brake caliper.  You need to be aware
that as the brake pads wear the caliper will move closer to the wall, so
make allowance for that when you make the bulge.  Graham Singleton related a
story about his gear hanging up due to this problem and he had to pull a few
G's to shake it loose.

As far as the tire hitting the top, I think someone posted a modification on
http://forum.okhuijsen.org/ that described a stop to prevent this from
happening.

Paul