Re: Europa-List: Jabiru 3300 Engine option

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Jabiru 3300 Engine option
From: MICHAEL PARKIN <mikenjulie.parkin@btopenworld.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 06:04:19

Andrew,

It is not always that way.  I did just as you suggest, took the 914 out of
the box, bolted it on, connected the fuel and wires, BALANCED THE CARBS AND
PROP and then went flying.  The Rotax 914 is an excellent engine IMHO.
As for the Jabiru, there are a few issues that I know that still have not
been satisfactorily solved with a Europa installation - not least of which
is ground cooling.  For real facts about Europa/Jabiru installation talk to
Bob Harrison (G-PTAG), he has the t-shirt.

regards,

Mike    (G-JULZ)